too hip to capitalize

Sunday, October 06, 2002

DisappointED


So I ganked the idea of linking "Ed" in the subhead from J-Dub (and yes, I just used the word "ganked"), but I promise the following thoughts are original.


This afternoon, I finally got around to watching the season premiere of TV's Ed. The above subhead says it all. What follows are the top three reasons why I'm disappointed:


3) The new chracter played by Darryl "Chill" Mitchell does not excite me. I don't like cast changes. I hate cast changes, in fact. Besides, Ed already has too many characters. If Kenny had to leave, he did not need to be replaced.


2) The characters of Nancy and Carol are now simply annoying. Mike is headed that way.


1) The Carol/Dennis/Ed saga continues. This was the least likable aspect of last season. The character of Dennis is a shallow device (much like the stupid DA played by Rena Sofer in the show's first season) the writers are attempting to use to create a longing in viewers' hearts for Ed and Carol to get together. However, in employing said devices, the writers deprive the audience of any Ed/Carol chemistry, and that's part of the Ed magic I fell in love with my sophomore year.



The Saintly Virtues of Chris Gervino


At this morning's 11 a.m. Mass, I had the privilege of sitting near TV's Chris Gervino for the second week in a row. Proving once again that he's one of the nicest men alive, Chris Gervino gave money to the second collection. Also, you'll be glad to know that he has not forgotten my name as previously thought. While sharing with one another the sign of peace, he called me by name.


To recap: Chris Gervino has a special place in heaven.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com