too hip to capitalize

Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Nightmare on Ashland Road

So...last night, I had two nightmares. Guess which one was scarier?

Nightmare #1
--I'm driving through the middle of Columbia listening to BXR. It's raining pretty hard. All of a sudden, the DJ announces that there's a tornado. I look out the window, and I see that very tornado. So, I pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot, run inside, yell, "There's a tornado!" and prepare to kiss my ass goodbye.

Nightmare #2
--I'm watching KMBC Channel 9's (the KC ABC affiliate for those of you who ignore my rants about KC news) 5 o'clock news. The third story in the news is a package about donuts. The third story! I realize it's the 5, but still, for the third story to be a puff piece about donuts that belongs much later in the newscast is just plain silly. Adding to the frustration, this is the station everyone says is such a shining example of journalistic integrity.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com