too hip to capitalize

Monday, March 03, 2003

Not the Mama

My sister had a baby. Aidan Cooper Jones. I'm pretty sure that's how you spell his first name. I think he weighs 7 lbs 2 oz. I think he is 20 inches long. He was born at 11:something this morning. I lost the sheet of paper on which I wrote the height/weight/time of birth. I'm just the uncle. I don't have to remember those things. All I have to do is buy the kid nice presents and feed him lots of candy.

Also, whenever I tell people my sister had a baby, they congratulate me...as if I played a role. The way I see things, that role would take one of two undesirable forms:

a) I fathered the child. Ummm...I'm from Missouri, not Missour-uh.
b) The baby shot forth from my loins. Ouch.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com