too hip to capitalize

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Want to Hang Out?
Sorry, my Tuesday nights are booked solid for the rest of the summer. Real World: Paris kicks off tonight!

Actual Conversation From Last Week

The Scene: The drive-thru lane at the McDonalds on Nifong in Columbia, Missouri. Having ordered a hamburger, a small order of fries, a small sprite and an apple pie, I pay at the first window before proceeding to the second window.
Drive-thru Lady (known henceforth as DTL): Do you want any ketchup (or catsup, if you prefer) or anything?
Me: No thanks.
DTL: Hmmmm. Any mustard or anything?
Me: Ummmm....no thanks.
DTL: Oh, I can play your game!
Me (to self): Woah! Lady, nobody's playing any games here.
Me (to DTL):Uhhhh
DTL (as she hands me my food): See you next week! (as if stopping at McDonalds is part of some weekly routine for me. It is not.)

Is it weird...
if I wish I kept an AP Style Manual by my side when posting to my blog?

Driving
So, for awhile, I had this unexplained fear that when I made a turn (right or left) while driving, I was going to be hit by another car. It didn't matter if the light was green. It didn't matter if I was the only car around. I had the fear.
Now, the fear is gone. Thank goodness. But it's been replaced by a fear that I'm going to hit a deer.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com