too hip to capitalize

Monday, October 13, 2003

And I Thought I Was Bad
Sunday morning at work...about 2:07 a.m., the phone rings. Since I'm the only one in the newsroom, I answer it. It's the weekend sports guy. He had just seen the station on a TV in a bar and noticed a jump cut in the sports highlights. He wanted to know if we could fix it for the morning show.

Who Gives These People Our Number?
Much later that same morning...around 9-ish, we get another call in the newsroom. It goes like this:
caller: That walk that you guys are talking about...that 5K...how long is that?
me (despite the fact that it's actually our sister station covering the AIDS walk): How long?
caller: how far?
me: umm...5K
caller: yeah...what's that K mean?
me: 5 kilometers
caller: how long's a kilometer? oh, never mind, I can look that up.
me (thankful since I don't actually know how long a kilometer is):have a good day, sir.
*click*

And Then There's This Guy
So, I complain that people in this city aren't friendly, but when they try to be, I complain about that, too. (You're not surprised, are you?) Case in point: I'm at Blockbuster last night, and have to change the info on my account since I no longer live in Missouri. The guy asks why I moved to Seattle. I tell him I got a job at NWCN as a producer. He replies, "Oh, I've produced some stuff for cable access before."

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com