too hip to capitalize

Sunday, December 21, 2003

Do You Know What I'm Getting My Brother-in-Law for Christmas?
Because I don't.

Texas
Where there's lots of sky.

Thanks to Andrea and Julie for a wonderful time. If only I could have stayed. Forever.

Viva Las Bagels!
While visiting the Lone Star state, I took advantage of my first trip to Panera in months, and I bought a few cinnamon crunch bagels to bring back to Washington.

So Hungry I Could Eat a Baby
But I would never eat Mary Barton's baby!

Happy Holidays!
Many thanks to all those who have sent me Christmas cards. You're not getting one in return. Sorry.

So Does This Mean I Can Use Some of My Sick Days?
Earlier this fall, we had free flu shots at work. Turns out the doctor who was in charge of those shots isn't a doctor at all. And he shouldn't have had flu vaccines. Oops!

The Mother of All Phone Calls: A Rough Transcription From Memory
Me: NorthWest Cable News. This is Scott.
Caller: Hi Scott.
Me: Hi.
Caller: I have a story idea for you.
Me (beginning to stop paying attention): Okay.
Caller: I'm concerned about the welfare of the American people. I've been communicating with the White House about this, and they've stopped talking to me.
Me: Mmmhmm.
Caller: I'm suing the government over the welfare of the people. I've told them I'm not coming to the president. He has to come to me.
Me: Oh.
Caller: I'd like to sit down with a reporter and talk to them about this because the Department of Homeland Security is watching me. That way, if anything happens, there's proof.
Me: Well, I can't guarantee we can cover this, but I'll pass this along to our reporters.
Caller: Well, do you want my number.
Me: Oh, uh, yeah. Sure.
Caller then gives number while I pretend to write it down.
Me: Alright.
Caller: Have a good day.
Me: You, too....
To self: ya fuckin' nut job.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com