too hip to capitalize

Saturday, January 10, 2004

You Aren't Getting My Pity, Portland
This week, Mother Nature shellacked the Portland area with ice. It pretty much shut down the city. At first, I felt sorry for the fine folks in Portland. Then I found out they don't use salt because it's "bad for the environment."

Continuing Coverage of "Armageddon 2004"
The ice in Portland has had our affiliate there wall-to-wall most of the day for four straight days this week. By Friday, you could tell the reporters were getting tired of reporting in the weather for hours on end. One reporter used her live shot to bitch about how cold she was and complain about her assignment. Another looked very suicidal.

Oh, and despite my suggestion, we didn't actually brand our coverage "Armageddon 2004."

The Eveolution of My Work Attire
In the beginning, there were ironed shirts and ironed pants. Usually khakis and a button-down. Occasionally a polo. Brown or black dress-casual shoes. Then came the Converse. Jeans began sneaking in. First on Fridays and weekends. Weekends saw t-shirts, not polos. A hooded sweatshirt once. Four-year-old tennis shoes. Then jeans met the other weekdays. Thursday. Wednesday. Then Monday and Tuesday. Button-downs disappeared. Replaced by sweaters. Long-sleeve t-shirts. Khakis became a thing of the past. Jeans. Jeans. Jeans. Cords...no need to iron. Jeans. Jeans. Jeans. Khakis...not ironed. Cargo pants and a long sleeve t-shirt.

So...Lazy
Yesterday, I took a second shower. Just so I could say I did something.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com