too hip to capitalize

Sunday, March 28, 2004

It's Nice to See Somebody Doing Something With His Life
Congrats to Mike Hall for winning ESPN's Dream Job. And to think...I was his first producer back at KOMU.

The Fam's Visit: A Recap
Overall, good times had by all. While I won't miss the sleeping on the futon, the crying baby waking me up at 6:30 a.m. or the lack of a hot shower, I already miss the relatives. Here are a few highlights from their visit:
•I realized I knew this city better than I thought. I only got lost a few times, and only really lost once.
•My nephew is adorable. He just got glasses, and he had this little yellow rain jacket he wore most of the time. Once I get my pictures developed, I'll let you see for yourself.
•Despite sounding boring, the Museum of Flight kicks serious ass. I also give mad props to the Space Needle. (I've lived here almost seven months, and I took my first trip up that thing this weekend.) I also enjoyed the Children's Museum, though those kids didn't have to cry so hard when I pushed them down so I could get a better spot in line. Disappointing: Pike Place Market, the size of Seattle's Aquarium.
•It rained most of the time, but today was gorgeous, so we managed to squeeze in some of the best views in the city.
•My sister seemed to get a bigger kick out of visiting any Starbucks in Seattle than just about anything else.

Starstruck at Starbucks
The weekend anchor from the FOX station was behind me in line at Starbucks this morning. Even though I work in this business, I kept staring as if he were a movie star.

Mark Your Calendars!
Watch out KC metropolitan area and CoMo! I'm headed your way in less than 2 weeks.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com