too hip to capitalize

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

well, that was weird
seattle is not a friendly city. it's not necessarily a rude city. just not a friendly one. walking down the street, people avoid eye contact. "thank you" waves in traffic....forget 'em. people from other departments at work rarely say hi. and in my last apartment building, very few of my neighbors ever acknowledged me if i passed them in the hall. the building i live in now seems to be a little bit friendlier. in the less than a month that I've lived here, i've heard more "hi"s than i did in the 9 months i lived at the old place. but i was still surprised when I got on the elevator tonight, and my fellow rider not only said hi, but introduced himself and shook my hand, then started a conversation. maybe he was high.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com