too hip to capitalize

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Your Fall TV Preview
Thanks to a friend with some inside connections, I got to watch some TV pilots for new fall series on FOX. Here's what I thought:

House: A medical investigationish show. Not really like CSI cause CSI sucks. More like X-Files minus the paranormal plus ER. I enjoyed it. Not sure if I'd tune in each week, though.

Sketch: Fast-paced Americanization of a British import. Reminded me a lot of Comedy Central's Trigger Happy TV, pacing-wise. Some of the sketches sucked, but the show moved fast enough you forgot about them. Others were pretty funny. Like the one where a clothed man "streaked" across the cricket field at a nudist colony.

American Dad:From the creators of Family Guy. Apparently they used all their good jokes on Family Guy. This show blows.

Some Show I Can't Remember the Title of: Yeah. It was that good. Family comedy minus comedy. It involved some kids working at a mall food court. But then they all got fired. And the parents had sex in the garage. And the little kid was smarter than anyone else in the family. Boo.

If I'm lucky, I might get to preview some WB shows, too. Including Jack and Bobby, from the creator of Everwood.

Heidi Fleiss was on an Episode of Blind Date
No shit.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com