too hip to capitalize

Monday, August 30, 2004

Shred-a-Thon? What shred-a-thon?
the dream is dead. i started that damn thing so I'd have something to post about each day. but like most things in my life, i failed to follow through.

i couldn't lose
i went to my first mariners game last week. got free tickets from work. good seats, too. and to top it all off, they played the royals. no matter which team won, my team won. (for the record, the royals won.)

added bonus: it started to rain during the game, so i got to experience safeco with the roof open and the roof closed. score.

'round these parts, we spell gullible c-o-l-l-i-n-s
my family makes fun of me because i once asked if luckytown was a real town in missouri. yes, the town in all those Missouri lottery ads. stop laughing. we all know missouri has some towns with peculiar names (i.e. Peculiar, MO), and the post office in the original commercial looked very real.

but i'm not alone in being gullible. i convinced my sister that people in seattle call sandwiches "sammiches." there are a lot of things here with native american names. i told her that was one of them.

and just the other day, my brother fell pretty hard. i was telling him about my experience at the mariners game, and i said that at the end of each game, ichiro takes off his pants and runs around the field. i convinced him it was a japanes tradition. he was about to tell my parents until i saved him the embarassment and told him i was just kidding. then, i had him pass the phone to my dad so i could tell him what a sucker his youngest son is.

 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com